Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Japanese do it better.


Got some new things over the past few days.

This is the Japanese Edward Scissorhands figure from Yellow Submarine (Who I'm not sure if they even exist as a company anymore.) What I like about figures like this is the fact that were they were first released (1999) they were a pricey import, now you can find them on Ebay for next to nothing if you wait for an auction to show up where you're not raped for shipping charges.




I've been trying to streamline my figure collection lately so I've been examining which ones I really want to keep. I noticed the McFarlane Edward Scissorhands figure hiding in the back of a shelf and it just reminded my how much I disliked the figure (I always hated how much hair was stuck in his face)


Now, this isn't the perfect Edward Scissorhands, but I like it better than the McFarlane version. I think he's a great likeness for Edward Scissorhands, but not Johnny Depp (if that makes sense)


The other figure I got is Henkei Hound (Aka better paint jobs on the Universe figures with a higher price tag because they are Japanese imports...sigh) I wasn't going to buy this figure because I thought the Universe figure would be just fine.


Until I saw the Henkei figure in person. Wow. 100% better.




The darker green is just awesome, makes the universe green look like neon snot.
Cheers!
-Ian

P.S. Sorry for the crappy photography. I'm planinng on building a Ghetto lightbox the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment